How does Uber Freight pay?
Uber Freight pays carriers with ACH direct deposit or through their factoring company. You can set your preference before booking your first load with Uber Freight.
When is payment made?
We pay carriers within 7 days after successfully submitting an acceptable proof of delivery.
How do I view the payment status on a load in app?
The “See payment” button will appear in the load details page as soon as you begin a load. Tap the button to view payment details for that load, and if there are any documents needed before payment can be sent. Drivers without permission to view rates will only see document statuses.
What line items will be shown for my payment status in the app?
You’ll see line items for linehaul, lumper, detention, layover, and advances—all other line items will be included in the linehaul.
What happens after my required documents are submitted?
Once your documents are received, our team will review them and either approve or deny each document. If a document is rejected (too blurry, missing information, etc.), you may be asked to provide additional information.
Once all required documents are approved, we will send payment to the carrier for the line items included. Depending on the bank used by the carrier, it may take 1-2 days to appear.
What does Uber Freight pay for accessorials?
On February 18, 2020, we’ll be revising our accessorial policy. As part of this change, we’re reducing our accessorial rates to align with industry averages. The new accessorial rates will apply to all loads picking up on or after February 18, 2020 (local time).
Below are our accessorial rates for loads in United States Dollars (USD). All accessorial currencies paid out will match the currency of the linehaul agreement. For a list of accessorial rates for loads in Canadian Dollars (CAD), click here.
|Detention||$40 per hour2|
|Layover||$200 per day|
|Truck Order Not Used||$150 (flat rate dry van and flatbed loads)/ $200(flat rate reefer loads)|
1 Rates will be determined by the currency of the linehaul on the rate confirmation. These rates are subject to verification and change at Uber Freight’s discretion. Carriers will be notified in the event of changes.
2 The hours eligible for detention payment start at 2 hours after the scheduled appointment time and end at 7 hours after the scheduled appointment time (for a maximum of 5 hours of paid detention). In order to qualify for detention, the carrier must be on time to the scheduled appointment time.
How do I request detention?
Turn location settings to “always on” and check in when you get onsite. If you are unable to share location data, you must notify us 30 minutes prior to entering detention. After the load is delivered (and within 24 hours), request detention through the app.
Note: The hours eligible for detention payment start at 2 hours after the scheduled appointment time and end at 7 hours after the scheduled appointment time (for a maximum of 5 hours of paid detention). In order to qualify for detention, the carrier must be on time to the scheduled appointment.
What are your requirements for accessorials?
Carriers must arrive on time to the stated appointment with a clean, odorless trailer that is compliant with all equipment requirements for the load. It is strongly encouraged to keep your app open at all times during the load, especially prior to arrival and departure at a facility, in order to ensure requests are approved.
How can I help ensure my accessorial requests are approved?
It’s important to follow these steps to help support your accessorial requests.
1) Keep your app running, especially when you are within 5 miles of approaching or departing a facility. We leverage multiple data sources to validate requests for accessorial compensation. The more data we have, the more effectively we can process your requests. If you’re not using the app, you must notify us when you arrive at or depart from a facility.
2) Keep us informed of your status. You can leverage our app to notify us when you are at different stages during a load. If the facility tells you the load will not be ready today or is canceled, call us immediately at 844-822-8237.
3) Request in a timely manner. For detention, we require requests to be submitted within 24 hours of delivery. If you are at a facility and there is no progress towards loading or unloading, or are given an unreasonable ETA, please call us at 844-822-8237 for assistance.
4) Provide clear and thorough documentation. We require signed BOLs with in and out times for all completed loads. If a facility is unable to sign in and out times on the bills, please write the times in yourself.
What are your requirements for detention compensation?
1) Arrive on time to the scheduled appointment.
2) Keep your trailer clean and odorless; ensure that equipment that is compliant with all requirements for the load. Share location data or notify Uber Freight 30 minutes prior to entering detention.
3) Submit in-app request within 24 hours of delivery and include a signed BOL with in and out times documented for all completed stops.
4) The hours eligible for detention payment start at 2 hours after the scheduled appointment time and end at 7 hours after the scheduled appointment time (for a maximum of 5 hours of paid detention). In order to qualify for detention, the carrier must be on time to the scheduled appointment.
What is your lumper policy?
Uber Freight will reimburse for lumpers with a valid lumper receipt. All lumper receipts must be submitted within 24 hours of delivery to qualify for reimbursement. If the rate confirmation notes state that lumper services are not allowed at a facility, the reimbursement request will be denied.
How do I request a lumper code?
At the receiver, tap “Request express code” on the facilities page in the Uber Freight app and enter the Tax ID and service rate to get an express code. Give the lumper the code, and upload the receipt after final delivery. An updated rate confirmation email will be sent.