Who is eligible and how do I sign up?
Any carrier can download the Uber Freight app free of charge. The app can only be used to book loads by drivers who are authorized to book their own loads on behalf of their carrier. As a carrier, you can sign up, submit your information, and once you’re approved you can add your drivers. It’s that simple!
How do I get started with Uber Freight?
You’ll first need to sign up and tell us a bit about your business. To sign up you’ll need to agree to our contract, submit your insurance, and give us your banking information so we can pay you! Right now we’re only working with 53’ dry van, refrigerated, or flatbed.
How does the Uber Freight app work?
The Uber Freight app is free and available in the App Store and Google Play Store. The Uber Freight app lists loads that you can book right from your phone. Once you book one of the loads, the load is confirmed for your carrier, so please only book loads that you and your carrier are willing to take.
- All carriers must provide a valid certificate of insurance (COI) evidencing auto liability and cargo liability, and must complete our Broker-Motor Carrier Agreement.
- Intrastate carriers must also provide their state-level motor carrier permits or registrations.
- Vehicle requirements
- For now, you must have either a 53’ dry van, refrigerated, or flatbed.
Our carrier contract contains insurance requirements including:
- At least $1,000,000 in auto liability coverage and $100,000 in cargo liability coverage.
- For reefer carriers, reefer breakdown coverage.
Creating an account
What information is required?
- DOT / MC Number
- No Conditional or Unsatisfactory Safety Rating
- Bank Account Information - so we can pay you through ACH direct deposit
- Proof of Insurance
Setting up payment
Before booking your first load with Uber Freight, you’ll have the opportunity to set your payment preferences. You can choose between Carrier ACH Direct Deposit or your factoring company as options.