Uber Freight is committed to providing great service to all of our customers, so we worked with our top carriers to build a set of service expectations. Our goal is to have every carrier maintain:
- On-time performance score of 95% or higher for both pickup and delivery
- Last-minute cancellation rate of 5% or lower
- Tracking automation rate of 80% or higher
Carriers who fall below performance expectations may lose their ability to book loads with Uber Freight.
- On-Time Pickup Rate: calculated by measuring the number of times you arrived on time to pick up a load over your last 40 loads.
- On-Time Delivery Rate: calculated by measuring the number of times you delivered a load on time over your last 40 loads.
- Last-Minute Cancellation Rate: calculated by measuring the number of loads you’ve canceled within 6 hours of pickup over your last 40 loads booked.
- Tracking Automation Rate: calculated by measuring status updates received from an automated source (Uber Freight App, connected ELD, or Project44) against all required status updates from your last 40 loads. Required status updates include: (1) Dispatched 3+ hours before Pickup (2) Arrived at Pickup (3) Departed Pickup (4) Arrived at Dropoff and (5) Delivered.
Pro tips for improving service performance with Uber Freight
Ensure your in/out times are updated using GPS:
To best partner with Uber Freight, we expect carriers to provide timely tracking status updates throughout the lifecycle of each load via one or more automated data sources. There are four ways in which you can integrate with Uber Freight to ensure efficient tracking: app, ELD, third-party data aggregator, and EDI (TMS). For more information, visit the Tracking page.
- Make sure to dispatch yourself in-app by swiping the "Heading to pick up" notification that appears 3 hours before the designated pickup time
- Do not kill or swipe away from the Uber Freight app
- Make sure to only log in to one device at a time
- Remember to continuously re-open the app at critical points in the load (such as dispatch, pickup, dropoff, after a break) and engage with all push notifications
- Always try to keep your phone:
- Charging during the trip and not in low battery mode
- Connected to WiFi
- Screen on and Uber Freight app open in the foreground
Communication is Key
- Messaging your in/out times through in-app support (noted by the headphone set at the top right corner of the app) helps verify your times.
- Note: Remember to submit live status updates in-app throughout the load, but especially if the current status shown at the top of the app does not accurately reflect where the load is in the load journey.
- Connecting with our team when we call/message will help ensure your location statuses are updated appropriately
- Communicate as early as possible once you know if you’re running late to an appointment.
- If you have any support questions, we’re here to help: call us at 844-822-8237 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategically book your loads
- Ensure you will be able to fulfill the load on-time before booking
- Ensure driving hours of service are considered for the full load schedule
- Only book as many loads as you can take with the resources you have